Here at Rockfarm, we recognize that we have a responsibility as a business to generate positive change both within our organization and outside our doors. In our efforts to embody this ideal, we have developed a team that seeks to uphold the responsibilities of being a positive member of a more ethical America.
The CARE team oversees and executes all team building, corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts within Rockfarm. Those efforts are broken down into the categories we CARE about most: Community, Awareness, Rockfarmers & Environment. Below, we have detailed current and past projects within each category and the impacts we have made since our company’s founding.
- Our office collects clothing to donate to our local St. Vincent DePaul. In 2020 we donated 407 lbs of clothing, as of to date for this year we have donated 130lbs.
- Every holiday season Since 2016, we have held a gift drive for families in need through Resources Unite.
- During our monthly luncheons, we buy exclusively from Dubuque area restaurants that are family-owned.
- Our community garden is finally flourishing! So far we have donated 257 lbs of fresh vegetables and pantry staples to the Dubuque Food Pantry.
Our first tomato!
Tomatoes, Carrots and Sweet Peppers oh my!
- Our weekly White Pages often highlight sustainability and social issues.
- We use our Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to feature news articles about current world and industry news.
- Our monthly Supply Chain Digest spotlights organizations around the world who are generating positive change in the logistics industry and beyond.
- In 2022, Rockfarm will begin donating 400+ hours of volunteer time off for its employees. The goal of this program is to support volunteer activities that enhance and serve the communities in which we live and work .
- We offer remote and work from home options for our employees that enables us to work with those from coast to coast thus allowing for more flexible livelihoods of our Rockfarmers.
- We take team building seriously! Annually, we host numerous events like a Summer Family Picnic, Ugly Sweater Contest, Rockfarm Open, Holiday Party and more to connect and recharge with one another!
Kim sponsoring One4Water!
Hank with One4Water
Drew and Ted meet Hank!
Brad, Kim and Todd meet Hank!
- Our use of digital documents has allowed us to save 70+ trees a year!
- We are a member of the Iowa Environment Council, an organization dedicated to creating a ‘create a safe, healthy environment and sustainable future for Iowa.’
- We are taking steps to align our office and business practices with the City of Dubuque’s 50% by 2030 Plan.
- We are the sole sponsor of the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium’s One4Water Campaign, a journey of one man, Hank Kohler, kayaking his way down the Mississippi to raise awareness and money for the conservation efforts of the Museum.
- We are a Small Business Partner with the National Forest Foundation. Our efforts support their plan to plant 50 million trees across the National Forests by 2023.